Here, the focus is on the middle part of the price series. In fact, they are double-smoothed simple moving averages. The simple Moving Averages’ length depends on evenness or oddness of the chosen number of periods.
Operations for TMA calculation:
- 1. To the number of periods of Moving Average 1 is added.
- 2. The received sum is divided to 2.
- 3. If the result was released fraction, it is rounded up to a whole.
- 4. The simple Moving Average of close prices with the number of
- periods obtained in point 3 is calculated.
- 5. By using the value obtained in point 3 again, the simple
- Moving Average of the Moving Average calculated in point 4 is calculated.